Thursday, January 24, 2013

My first blog post.

I have decided to start a blog about my interactions with technology in my personal life. It seems like I have always been involved with computers and electronics. Until 8 months ago whenever I did just about anything technology related it was ALWAYS in relation to how it would affect or relate to my working life (I was a computer consultant). Last spring I was offered a job.... I thought long and hard about it and decided that I needed a change in my life, TOO MUCH was about work and not enough about me and my family.

Now on my time away from work, when I think about computers and electronics it is for my pleasure and personal growth. For years I have wanted to build things with electronics to learn and have fun. I have once again gotten out my soldering iron and breadboard and am tinkering with building electronic circuits. one of the first projects is setting up temperature sensors so that I can track and log inside and outside temperatures where I live.

I will be writing about my trail down setting up, configuring and hopefully just having fun with some of the following technologies I have on my shelf:


  •  Raspberry Pi
  •  Arduino
  •  Ardrone quadrotor
  •  Lego Mindstorms
  •  my very dusty N Guage train set

Randy.


No comments:

Post a Comment